Going back to school at my age really isn't that fun. Well it isn't fun at all. Critt graciously listened to me have my first meltdown of the semester earlier. I thought that by working part time and going to school it would feel so much easier. Well that was till I went from part-time student to full-time student and that time just got ate up with more schoolwork. This time during the semester the teachers are all fired up and handing out assignments. I always panic at this point trying to figure out how I will get it all done. I do get it done every time but it is like a right of passage to freak out about it a few times before I get there. I am taking an English class called Advanced Composition. I have to write a lot so this will probably mean I will slack on this blog because I will be tired of writing.
Anyhoo, some very special ladies in my life are having birthdays. My cousins boyfriend used to do this fun trivia thing called fun fact Friday. So here is a little fun fact from my family. My mom is the oldest of four kids and my aunt Patty is the baby of the family. They were born on the same day and share a birthday. My grandmother would vouch that the sibling rivalry came from not having their own day. I guess it is one thing to share with a twin but your baby sister or older sister probably not so much. So Happy Birthday to you both! My mom's is extra special this year as she turns 60. She graciously was a good spirit and wore the ugly crown we gave her. I hope all those candles she blew out wishing to become a grandma comes true this year.
I also thought today when I was kinda freaking out that God does have a plan for you. In all this chaos that comes with school, it may be that the good Lord is just waiting till I can relax and soak in every moment of my little one. This and the fact that going to school keeps me so occupied that I don't have time to dwell on adoption all the time like some do. So both may be blessings in disguise. I have jotted down quotes here and there as I have been on this journey. Here is a favorite for today: "When at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."-Franklin D. Roosevelt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Super cute new look to your blog, Jenny! :)
ReplyDelete